The Mount School
|School Name:||The Mount School|
|Location:||Dalton Terrace, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 4DD, United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Pre-School - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||376|
|No. of Boarders:||56|
Entry criteria are an interview, a taster day, the School’s own examination and a former head’s report.
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
A minimum of 6 GCSE's are required at Grade C or above, and at least Grade B in the subjects she wishes to pursue at A-Level.
Netball, hockey and swimming in the winter and rounders, tennis and athletics in the summer, College girls are able to choice from a wider variety of sports including lacrosse and using the fi tness suite.
|Director of Admissions:
Dalton Terrace, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 4DD, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1904 667 500
- The Mount School has for many years been acknowledged as one of the top independent girls' schools in the United Kingdom. In The Times League Table, the school is ranked 2nd by A-level results in the York area.
- Academically the school maintains traditional values and has developed "pillars of excellence" in several subject areas: science, music, sports, art, drama and foreign languages.
- It is set in a very pleasant 16-acre campus with splendid gardens, mature trees and playing fi elds. A Quaker school, its ethos is to encourage and develop the individual within a small, caring community.
- The School has excellent facilities in all areas. Subjects are taught in specialist rooms with full access to modern technology. Pupils have access to excellent computer facilities in and out of normal school hours.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Boarding at The Mount School enables and empowers each girl to fulfi l her potential for academic and personal excellence.
- Within our boarding family there are two Houses; School House for Years 7 to 11 and College House for Years 12 to 13, both of which provide a nurturing environment in which every girl can grow and discover who she is. Each House has an experienced and qualifi ed team of residential staff, who work in partnership with parents and liaise closely with academic staff.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art and Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Classical Civilisation, Drama and Theatre Studies, English Literature, French, Geography, German, History, Latin, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education (PE), Physics, Product Design, Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities