Stamford High School
|School Name:||Stamford High School|
|Location:||St. Martin's, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 2LL, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Motto:||Christ me Spede|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||639|
|No. of Boarders:||54|
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Sixth-form entrance, 5 GCSEs required (at least grade B in sixth-form subjects)
There is a full activity programme at the weekend. Girls have the opportunity to experience and pursue a wide range of subjects and activities to a high level in an environment that encourages the development of the individual.
St. Martin's, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 2LL, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1780 484200
- The school has high standard facilities that support a full range of GCSE and A Level subjects. Specialist rooms give girls the opportunity to pursue a wide curriculum that includes the study of performing arts, in a dedicated drama studio, and technology in a well-resourced workshop. There are extensive facilities for ICT and modern
languages. Almost all of the girls are able to move on to the higher education course of their choice.
- Music plays a large part in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Sixth Form educates boys and girls together, offering an impressive range of subject choice taught across our two senior schools. Our excellent A Level results are complemented by a rich array of extra-curricular opportunities.
- Currently 28 subjects are available at AS and A2.
- Music plays a large part in the extra-curricular life of the school. There is a mixed orchestra, a wind band and a choral society at the senior end of the school, and several other musical groups operating at all age levels. Drama productions are staged throughout the year and there is wide participation in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. Girls compete in several major team games and there is the opportunity for them to participate in individual sports.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art and Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Classical Civilisation, Drama and Theatre Studies, English Literature, French, Geography, German, History, Latin, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education (PE), Physics, Product Design, Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities