|School Name:||Leweston School|
|Location:||Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 6EN, United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 2 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||235|
|No. of Boarders:||90|
|Director of Admissions:
Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 6EN, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1963 211010
- Leweston offers an academic education in an environment which is both stimulating and inspiring. well-balanced who take their place in the world with confi dence.
- Leweston offers a disciplined, creative and inspirational environment in which all are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- The programme of activities varies each term with girls choosing their options each half-term.
- Every weekend both boarders and day pupils are invited to participate in further activities and trips.
- Students achieved a 100% pass rate in both A Level and Cambridge Pre-U subjects. 71% of the examinations were passed at A*, A or B grade or Pre-U equivalent, with 51% at A* or A or equivalent - nearly double the national average. An impressive 30% of students achieved 3 or more straight A* or A grades across a range of subjects with more than 10% of girls achieving 5 or more A* or A grades. Average UCAS points per candidate were 402, the equivalent of over three A grades per candidate.
- This year has also seen the third set of strong Cambridge Pre-U results. 100% of candidates passed at Distinction or Merit.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Full boarders have their own individual study bedrooms, which have internet access, easily available common rooms, one of which contains a fully fi tted kitchen, a laundry room and kitchenette.
- Board in the Sixth Form to take advantage of the social activities, extracurricular activities and access to the school's study resources in the evenings and at weekends and sixth Formers request and increasing number of fl exi-boarding nights as they go up the school. This is both in support of their social lives and academic work.
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Underpinning the range of academic requirements and abilities of Sixth Formers, some GCSE's, ASs, A2s and Pre-U courses are offered.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities