|School Name:||Benenden School|
|Location:||Cranbrook Road, Benenden, Cranbrook Kent, TN17 4AA, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||540|
|No. of Boarders:||540|
Common Entrance Examination (UK) or through Benenden's own entrance examinations
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Entry is dependent on the results of competitive examinations, an interview and satisfactory school report and are conditional upon satisfactory GCSE examination results.
Cranbrook Road, Benenden, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 4AA, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1580 240592
- Founded in 1923, Benenden is a fully boarding school for 538 girls aged 11-18.
- Set in a beautiful rural position, the school has 224 acres of parkland. There are 178 students in the Sixth Form.
- The average class size is 16, with a teacher pupil ratio of 1:7.
- To help each girl to achieve her best possible results in public exams,.
- For over 80 years, Benenden has been one of the foremost girls' boarding schools in Britain.
- Sports practices take place during the lunch break as well as after lessons end.
- In addition there are two hours worth of lessons on Saturday mornings.
- Pupils studying for their GCSEs must generally take 9-11 subjects, including Mathematics, Science and English and one modern language. Classes average around 13 students at GCSE, and 6-8 students during A-levels.
- Ofsted (UK) inspectors awarded Benenden "Outstanding" in every category. According to the Lead Inspector, the questionnaire reply rate from Benenden parents was exceptionally high and positive. The inspectors gave very warm praise to the students too.
- Good Schools Guide (UK) Review Snapshot : Happy girls. "It's more like a community than a school," 'Your housemaster might be your English teacher - the teachers really care about your pastoral side as well as your academic work."
- The Good Schools Guide (UK) called the school "Everyone's idea of a traditional, up-market, girls' boarding school though not remotely hidebound by tradition; cutting-edge and unconventional in multiple ways, in a stunning setting and underpinned with common sense."
- Normal entry is in September at 11+, 12+ or 13+, as a result of the Common Entrance Examination or through Benenden's own entrance examinations. In addition, there is also a small competitive entry into the Sixth Form. Occasionally a Fifth Form place may become available and entry to this is also competitive.
- At Benenden all our students are boarders. There are six boarding Houses for 11-16 years olds.
- The Sixth Form have their own Founders Sixth Form Centre, which is divided into four Houses.
- English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, either Dual Award or Triple Award, A Modern Language
- Art, Design & Technology, Drama & Theatre Arts, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Information and, Communications Technology, Latin, Music, Religious Studies, Spanish
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Classical Civilisation, Design Technology, Economics, English , English Language & Literature, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, History of Art, Latin, Mathematics, Double Mathematics, Music, Politics, Physics, Religious Studies, Spanish, Theatre Studies, Critical Thinking
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities