|School Name:||Abingdon School|
|Location:||Park Road Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 1DE United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||925|
|No. of Boarders:||128|
Commom Entrance Exam
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
A minimum grade requirement for entry to the Sixth form of A grades in the subjects chosen for A level study in addition to achieving a minimum of 3 A grades and 4 B grades
Music, Drama, Visual Art, Sport, Activities
|Director of Admissions:
Ms Marilena Kaye
Abingdon School, Park Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1DE, United Kingdom
+44 01235 521563
- Abingdon - an independent boys school in the south of Oxfordshire combines of traditionwith a modern outlook, providing an all-round education for boys from the age of 11 to 18.
- To ensure each boy thrives at Abingdon and, through challenge and opportunity, achieves the most from his potential.
- Close ties with the nearby girls’ school of St Helen and St Katharine add a co-educational feel, especially to our Sixth Form, where some subjects are taught jointly and there is much collaboration with drama productions, musical activities and, of course, socially.
- an extensive site in the centre of Abingdon, just six miles south of Oxford.
- Abingdon is divided into the Lower School (aged 11-13), Middle School (aged 13-16) and Upper School or Sixth Form (aged 16-18).
- Common Entrance Examination. In the Upper School there is a further intake of boys from the maintained and independent sectors.Abingdon is academically a strong school: the students regularly achieve good results and a signifi cant number progress to the most prestigious universities, including a yearly average of more than 25 to Cambridge and Oxford. In 2012 Abingdon achieved a 99.7% pass rate at GCSE level and 99.8% pass rate at A level, with 73.2% gaining A or A* grades.
- Abingdon welcomes applications on behalf of boys from any educational background. We always recommend a visit to see the School before a registration is made. Bursaries and scholarship entry may also be discussed at this stage.
- The main points of entry are at age 11 (First Year), age 13 (Third Year), and age 16 (Sixth Form).
- Overseas admissions are usually considered on an individual basis and age variations can be more likely.
- Boys are selected for entry by competitive examination, but consideration is also given to character, and non-academic attainments or interests.
- Boarding is an integral part of life at Abingdon.
- Boarders at Abingdon enjoy an excellent standard of accommodation, readily available educational and sporting facilities and the chance to enjoy all the opportunities of school life weekly and full boarding from the age of 13.
- Each boarding house is run by a resident housemaster
English, History, Design Technology, Geography, French,German, Religious Education and Religious Studies, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics,Drama, Music, Art and Design, Latin, Greek and Classical Civilisation or Ancient History.
GCE AL Subject Choice
English, History, Design Technology, Geography, French,German, Religious Education and Religious Studies, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics,Drama, Music, Art and Design, Latin, Greek and Classical Civilisation or Ancient History. Russian, Government and Politics, Psychology, Economics,Business Studies and Art History
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities