Dwight International School
|School Name:||Dwight International School|
|Location:||2371, East Shawnigan Lake Rd, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, V0R 2W5, Canada|
|Year Group:||Grade 6-12|
|No. of Students:||125|
|Director of Admissions:
Ms Brie Julien
2371 East Shawnigan Lake Rd., Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, V0R 2W5, Canada
+1(250) 929 0506
- For over 140 years, the Dwight Schools have been globally respected for their rich tradition of academic excellence. Dwight International School is modeled after the Dwight School in New York, and continues to build on these academic endeavours.
- Dwight International School is a consortium partner with The Dwight School, New York City, North London International School, U.K., and most recently, Dwight International School in Seoul, Korea.
- The school offers a robust academic program from Grade 6 through to Grade 12, and is the only school in North America to offer students a choice of 3 diplomas for graduation: the BC high school diploma, the U.S. high school diploma, and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Parents have the power to customize their child’s education with the full-time/weekday boarding options, in addition to the day-student option.
- Dwight graduates attend many prestigious universities in the United States and around the world, including Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Princeton, New York University, McGill University, University of British Columbia, Concordia, University of Edinburgh, and St. Andrews.
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- The boarding programme at Dwight International School is focused on providing students with a supportive atmosphere to allow them to achieve success in all areas. With a strong emphasis on community, the boarding program is fi lled with activities and opportunities for residents to: build relationships, excel in their academics, and develop their leadership skills.
- Students living on campus have the advantage of being immersed in an environment that provides enough structure for a productive routine, and enough freedom to allow independence to be expressed.
- The School offers two options for boarding: Full 7 day boarding option and 5 day (M-F) option for local students.
- This program is designed for students who live away from campus and do not (or cannot) commute. Students come to campus Sunday evening or Monday morning and stay until Friday afternoon.
- The boarding option allows students to focus on their studies by avoiding unnecessary commuting and having access to the supervised study hall and evening tutorials. Students also benefi t by participating in weekday activities on campus.
- On Friday afternoon, Weekday boarders are driven to the Nanaimo ferry to return to the mainland. Then on Sunday evening they are picked up from the ferry terminal for their return.
- Full time boarding allows students to participate in the dynamic boarding programme that Dwight International School offers. The weekends at Dwight are never dull, with full day excursions taking place every Saturday, providing an opportunity for students to learn outside the classroom. From ice skating and golfi ng, to historical museums, the objective is to provide fun, safe experiences that build knowledge and character. With several dorm parents on site, fulltime boarders have access to assistance with assignments and homework every day of the week.
2012/13 Canadian High School Boarding Fees# (CAD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition and residence fee but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities