St Mary's School, Ascot
|School Name:||St Mary's School, Ascot|
|Location:||St Mary's Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 9JF, United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Nursery - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||350|
|No. of Boarders:||350|
Indoor 25m swimming pool, modern gym with 4 badminton courts, squash courts, 16 tennis courts, modern bright cafeteria, modern arts and theatre complex with a 150 seat theatre, specialized room for teaching cooking, 35 acres of fi elds including football pitches and track, assembly Hall, computer Room.
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Six A/A* grades at GCSE or its equivalent
|Director of Admissions:
Mrs Sandra Young
St Mary's Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 9JF, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1344 293614, +44 (0) 1344 623721
- St Mary's Ascot is a leading Roman Catholic girls' boarding school set in 55 acres of beautiful grounds in the heart of Berkshire.
- A friendly, stable and caring community, proud of her academic and sporting achievements and dedicated to bringing out the full potential full boarding.
- In the 2010 GCSEs, girls achieved a 100% pass rate and placed 27th in a Daily Mail survey ranking according to % of GCSEs awarded A* and A grades, out of 482 participating independent schools.
- It was listed in The Independent's top 100 schools for 2012 based on the most recent A Levels results.
- The school accepts about 65 pupils each year.
- Entry is at 11+, 13+ or 16+ and is by the school's own entrance examination, an interview and a report from the current school.
- Full boarding is available.
- Each girl belongs to one of the six houses.
- Only girls in Upper Sixth (Year 13) are members of the Mary Ward house.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- 4 subjects at AS level and 3 at Advanced in the Upper Sixth.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design
Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music, Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities