St Edward's Oxford
|School Name:||St Edward's Oxford|
|Location:||Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 7NN, United Kingdom|
|Motto:||Pietas Parentum (Filial Affection)|
|Year Group:||Year 8 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||660|
|No. of Boarders:||524|
Indoor Sports Hall; 2 All Weather Astro Turf Pitches; 9 hole Golf Course; Boat House located on the River Thames in the nearby village of Wolvercote; Purpose Built Netball Courts; Basketball Court; Indoor Rifle Range; Clay Pigeon Shooting area; 15 Rugby Pitches; 8 Cricket Pitches; Swimming Pool (within Esporta/St. Edward's Sports Centre), Indoor Tennis Courts (within Esporta/St.Edward's Sports Centre), Squash Courts; State of the art gym (within Esporta/St. Edward's Sports Centre)
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
|Director of Admissions:
Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 7NN, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1865 319204
- St Edward's, a co-educational boarding school in north Oxford, England, exists to provide an excellent all-round education for each individual.
- St Edward’s enable all pupils to make the most of their academic abilities, through excellent teaching and a positive approach to learning.
- The school teaches GCSE and A-Level syllabuses.
- The school has an excellent reputation as one of the country's leading public schools at sport. The main school sports are athletics, cricket, hockey, netball, rowing, rugby and tennis. The school has over 90 acres (360,000 m2) of playing fields in the heart of North Oxford on land.
- In 2007 it was voted by the Country Life Magazine as number one in the top ten schools in the UK. The Good Schools Guide (UK) described the school as "a less grand place than its obvious competitors and less pressurising than some, but offering every kind of opportunity in a highly privileged and civilised setting."
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information. Boarding Houses
- The school has 11 boarding houses which have an average of 60 members.
- In 2009 the pupil accommodation was enhanced and Field House and Sing's House were extended to provide six new bedrooms and a new staff fl at.
- Each house also has a set of House Tutors who supervise Prep (homework) during the week and also tutor members of the house. A pastoral house matron also lives in each boarding house looking after pupils' medical (and often social) needs.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
IB Diploma Program
- St. Edward’s started teaching the IB Diploma in September 2008 alongside the current AS/A Level system.
- The diploma programme has proved both popular and successful with nearly 100 pupils already having enrolled in fi rst four cohorts.
- The fi rst set of results in 2010 placed St Edward’s as the highest ranked co-ed school in The Times’ IB league table. The year’s leavers of May 2011 did even better, achieving a diploma average of just over 37 points (out of 45) – enough to get into all but a few of the top UK universities. Furthermore, 6 students scored 40 points or higher including one who secured the elusive perfect score of 45, which only 100 or so students achieved worldwide.
- The school’s experience of teaching the IB diploma for 3 years is that it fosters intellectual curiosity and maturity.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities