|School Name:||Harrow School|
|Location:||1 High Street Harrow on the Hill Middlesex HA1 3HT London United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 9 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||800|
|No. of Boarders:||800|
Common Entrance examination (160 places in the Shell year (at age 13)) (Suggest apply 3 years before)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Music, Drama, Visual Art, Sport, Activites
1 High Street, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3HT, United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8872 8007
- Harrow School, commonly known simply as "'Harrow", is an English independent school for boys situated in the town of Harrow.
- The school has an enrollment of approximately 830 boys spread across twelve boarding houses, al.
- Harrow welcomes boys who are enthusiastic, intelligent and well-behaved, and who will make the most of boarding life and the School’s excellent facilities.
- Harrow School divides its pupils, who are all boarders into twelve houses, each of about seventy boys.
- Each house has its own facilities, customs and traditions, and each competes in sporting events against the others.
- These boarding houses at Harrow share a legacy of the whole Harrow history, houses also compete against each other in a variety of activities and fight for trophies to increase the house's reputation.
- Nowadays, one of the most important aspect of Harrow life would be the house system since Harrovians are generally passionate and devoted into their house, where they also endeavour their best to win competitions for the house.
- Harrow has always been a school with strong international links. The fi rst Prime Minister of India was educated here - as were members of the royal families of Thailand, Jordan and Malaysia. Today many of our pupils go on to work for international firms and we place an emphasis on the learning of modern languages (French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Modern Greek).
- English, French or Spanish, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Geography, Latin or Classical Civilisationor Japanese, Religious Studies, Art, Music, Design Technology and Information Technology. Greek, German or Spanish
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Ancient History, Arabic, Art, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Critical Thinking, Design Technology, Economics
- English Literature, Ethics and Philosophy of Religion, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, History of Art, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Mandarin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics
- Music, Music Technology, Photography, Physics, Politics, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Statistics, Theatre Studies
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities