|Location:||Hertford Heath, Hertfordshire, SG13 7NU, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Motto:||Fear God, Honour The King Sursum Corda (Lift up your Hearts)|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||760|
|No. of Boarders:||450|
During the past decade, the facilities at Haileybury have been developed. This has included the building of a new sports complex with an indoor swimming pool, two girls' houses (Melvill and Colvin) and two boys' houses (Edmonstone and Bartle Frere), a tennis centre run by Legends Tennis, a technology centre and a modern languages centre opened in March 2010.
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
|Director of Admissions:
Hertfordshire, SG13 7NU, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1992 462507
- The School boasts a double-court Sports Hall and a gymnasium, a 25-metre indoor swimming pool whose design has won national awards, two glass-backed squash courts, an astroturf hockey pitch, a dozen tennis courts and one of only 13 rackets courts.
- Haileybury employs a professional rackets coach, a lacrosse coach, a hockey coach and a cricket coach.
- There is an extended weekend each term, known as 'Field Weekend', when longer periods of time are devoted to D of E and CCF.
- In our rapidly changing world, creativity, fl exibility and adaptability are essential characteristics of successful individuals. As a boarding school, Haileybury fosters and values these qualities. The School's aim is to provide self-confi dent young men and women who will fi nd fulfi lment and happiness in their future lives. Haileybury allows this aspiration to become reality.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Haileybury is a co-educational school for 11-18 year-olds, with recent girls' boarding houses, Colvin, Melvill, Allenby, Albans and, also, Hailey for day girls and many facilities. There are still seven boys' boarding houses in the school.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
IB Diploma Program
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2008 and has been offered to Sixth Form pupils at Haileybury since 1999.
- In 2012, The Times newspaper placed Haileybury 4th in its IB Diploma League Tables.
- May 2012 examinations saw an outstanding level of achievement from Haileybury pupils, with an average points score of 39.3 (out of 45), giving us one of the best average scores amongst UK IB boarding schools and indeed the world.
- Two pupils secured a maximum of 45 points; an achievement celebrated by just over 100 pupils globally every year.
- Recognised all over the world, the IB Diploma is a direct route into British and international universities, and offers excellent preparation for tertiary education.
- At the heart of the Diploma is the IB organisation's mission statement, which outlines not just the academic aims of the programme but also its focus on developing the individual through his/her important Sixth Form years.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities