|School Name:||Appleby College|
|Location:||540 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville, Ontario, ON L6K 3P1, Canada|
|Motto:||Nec temere nec timide (Neither rashly nor fearfully)|
|Year Group:||Grade 7 - Grade 12|
|No. of Students:||750|
|No. of Boarders:||240|
|Average Class:||20 students|
Equipped with four full size soccer/rugby fields, an astro-turf field for field hockey and lacrosse, brand new full sized ice rink equipped with private dressing rooms for both varsity boys and girls teams with new stands, a fitness room, three squash courts, a climbing wall, a full size gym, two outdoor basketball courts, a beach volleyball court, a 50 yard swimming pool, as well as a fully equipped athletic therapy centre open to all students.
SSAT results, extracurricular interests, and interview
|Director of Admissions:
540 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville, Ontario L6K 3P1, Canada
+1 (905) 845 4681
- Appleby has identified six Pillars of Strength upon which to concentrate: Community Spirited, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Academically Vital, Globally Responsible, and Actively Engaged.
- For non-native English speakers applying for grades 7 through 9 please provide your SLEP results. For non-native English speakers applying for Grade 10 or 11 please provide your TOEFL or IELTS results. And, for non-native English speakers applying for Grade 12 please provide your TOEFL or IELTS and SSAT results.
- As well as being a day school, boarding is offered from Grades 9 though 12 (7 and 8 can board but they live with faculty who live near campus) and there are numerous international students from over 20 countries attending Appleby.
- All students in their "Senior Two" (Grade 12) year are required to go into residence. Approximately 240 students are currently in residence, the majority of whom are in Senior Two.
- Students at Appleby College generally take several AP courses in the Senior 1 and Senior 2 years.
- AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP French Language (AP French Literature was offered until the exam was discontinued in 2009), AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP United States History, and AP World History.
- Every year a very large number of students choose to prepare themselves to write the AP Chinese Language and Culture exam.
2012/13 Canadian High School Boarding Fees# (CAD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition and residence fee but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities