Melbourne Grammar School
|School Name:||Melbourne Grammar School|
|Location:||South Yarra & Caul|
|Motto:||Ora et Labora (Pray and Work)|
|Year Group:||Per-School - Year 12|
|No. of Students:||1800|
|No. of Boarders:||120|
13 music options; 26 sporting activities; 19 other clubs or activities
|Director of Admissions:
Domain Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
+61 3 9865 7570
- Founded in 1858, Melbourne Grammar School educates some 1,800 students from Prep to Year 12. It fosters excellence through learning and leadership and offers an educational experience ranging across intellectual, social, cultural, spiritual and physical pursuits.
- The School is organised into three campuses to meet the needs of different age groups. Junior School, Grimwade House (Prep to Year 6) is located in Caul eld, and is coeducational with 680 girls and boys. The Middle School, Wadhurst (Years 7 and 8), and Senior School (Years 9 to 12) are in South Yarra and cater for 1,120 boys - day students and boarders.
- The three campuses are unifi ed by common values, energy and a commitment to each child.
- Enrolment for international students is only available from Years 7 to 12. Students must board at the School and must have a guardian who lives in Melbourne.
- The main enrolment intakes are in Wadhurst at Year 7 and Senior School at Year 9. Entry at all other year levels is dependent on vacancies in those levels.
- Students may sit for entrance testing with Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS).
- The boarding precinct centres on three graceful Victorian houses overlooking the Royal Botanic Gardens. Current boarding facilities opened in 1998, and they provide modern, purpose-built student accommodation – a home away from home to 120 boys from Years 7 to 12; Creswick House for Years 7 and 8 and Perry and School Houses for boys in Years 9 to 12.
- Boarding at Melbourne Grammar School provides a warm, friendly environment where teamwork and communication are important and where resident staff and students work together to create an environment where all boys can live happily and achieve their best.
2012 Boarding Fees & Tuition Fee (AUD$) Per Year